Saturday 2 July 2011

Review - Organix Mighty Meals


Organix prides itself in creating baby food which only contains organic and natural ingredients, with nothing unnecessary added and no goodness taken away. Their food is suitable from the start of weaning up until your child is 3 years old, and the product range includes baby porridge, jars, steamed meals, toddler meals, finger foods and various snacks.

I have been sent four of Organix new Mighty Meals that are suitable for toddlers. There are four different meals, Creamy Chicken Pasta with Sweetcorn, Hearty Lamb Hotpot with Vegetables, Tomatoey Beef Bolognese with Butternut Squash and Pasta Shells, and Spinach Felafel's in Big Beany Sweet Red Pepper Sauce.

I wasn't sure how this review would go, we have done Baby Led Weaning since Zane was six months old. Previous to that we had tried him with a couple of jars and pouches but he just wanted to feed himself, so baby led weaning was the obvious way for us to carry on weaning. He always eats what we eat, so I was very impressed when we tried Mighty Meals because they looked just like something we would eat normally.

We tried the Spinach Falafels meal first. The falafels were just like normal falafels and the sauce had lots of texture to it, and you could see what it consisted of. The meal was so easy to cook, just 40 seconds in the microwave and it was the perfect temperature to be eaten right away. I tried a little bit before I gave it to Zane as I would only give him food that I would be happy to eat myself, and I was very impressed. The flavour was very interesting, and not at all bland compared to other baby food that I had tasted before. When we gave Zane his dinner he tucked in straight away and he seemed to enjoy it, and not much ended up on the floor, cupboards, cooker, ceiling or on me! So that was a very good sign that he liked the dinner. The rest of the meals went down equally well, Organix Mighty Meals were a hit.

The things that I liked about the meals are the portion sizes are perfect, I can understand what every single ingredient is on the ingrediants list, the meals all had herbs and spices added so they weren't bland, and that they looked like actual dinners which I would serve up myself, meaning that I could give him one of these meals and he wouldnt be phased because it looks no different to what he usually eats. They would be so handy to have in the cupboard for if we get home late and needed to give him his dinner quickly and still know that he is eating well, or if we wanted a takeaway that wasn't suitable for him.

It is hard for me to find anything which I dont like about these meals, the only thing that I can think of is that it would be good if there were more variety. Currently there are four meals and they are a good range of tastes, but if there were more variety it would be more realistic to home cooking.

Have a look at Organix very informative website http://www.organix.com/. There you will find their range of foods, recipes, feeding advice and a meal planner.

No comments:

Post a Comment