Thursday 30 June 2011

Review - Halos N Horns Bath Products


Halos N Horns

When I first realised that Zane had sensitive skin I went on my favorite mummy forum to find out which bath product other Mums had been using to bathe the little ones with. The same name kept coming up, Halos N Horns.

The reason that they are better for sensitive skin than standard bath products, is that the makers think that it is important to remove as many chemicals as they can, and replace them with plant based alternatives. Halos N Horns products are free from SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulphate), Parabens, Phtalates, Methylisothiazoline, Tricolsan, and Propylene Glycol. Replacing these chemicals with plant based alternatives means that the products are gentle on skin, kind to eyes, and hypoallergenic. Perfect for childrens skin.

I decided to put Halos N Horns to the test and I have been sent two products to review, Mango Melon Mayhem Shampoo & Condition, and Toothy Fruity Toothpaste.

I was really looking forward to trying these products out so gave Zane a bath straight away, the shampoo smelt subtle but fruity. It created a lather which wasn't really foamy, which meant that it didnt drip down his forehead into his eyes, which is brilliant for a happy bathtime. After his bath I had a look at the results and his hair was soft, and seemed really clean. The dry skin on his head seemed to better too so I was pleased to see that it hadn't dried his scalp out like other products had. It's great that it is suitable for sensitive skin because Zane loves getting mucky so needs to have a bath frequantly, I know that I can use it without worrying that it will irritate his excema. I would definately use this shampoo & conditioner again.


We have used the Toothy Fruity Toothpaste everyday since receiving it and Zane loves it, it tastes of strawberries and bananas, so because it tastes nice, it is a better experience and he wasnt so bothered about me putting his toothbrush in his mouth. The toothpaste is SLS free so you can be confident that your child isnt swallowing chemicals, and also as this is the ingrediant which creates foam, your child wont get a mouth full of foam, which I imagine would be a strange sensation for a young child. The toothpaste contains recommended amount of flouride advised by the British Dental Health Foundation too so you know that their teeth are getting the protection that they need.

You can buy Halos N Horns products from a wide variety of retailers, the RRP price for the shampoo and conditioner is £2.69, and the the toothpaste is £2.29.

Check out their website to see the rest of their range http://www.halosnhorns.co.uk/index.html

1 comment:

  1. Is this possibly available in the US? My son has dry scalp issues also.

    ReplyDelete